Patient Participation Group
Our Patient Participation Group
Our Patient Participation Group is a small and active group of patients and practice staff who meet to discuss ways to:
- strengthen the relationship between the Practice and its patients
- assist the Practice in continuing to improve its provision of healthcare
- ensure that patients are at the heart of decision making
Our aim is to create a route for all our patients to be involved in informing the practice about what matters most to them, and to support the practice in identifying solutions to problems. We want to make a real difference to the delivery of healthcare and services at our practice both at Westwood and Pickford surgeries through the involvement of as many of our patients as possible.
Benefits of our Patient Participation Group
The benefits that the Patient Participation Group will have for our patients are:
- Patients will have a better understanding and knowledge of the Surgery and its staff
- Patients will benefit from improved communication with staff
- Patients will have a route to suggest positive ideas and voice concerns
- Patients will have input in identifying and supporting the practice’s targets and objectives
- Patients will be enabled to take more responsibility for their own health
The benefits that the Patient Participation Group will have for our staff is:
- Staff will be able to plan services jointly with patients making services more effective.
- Staff will be able to help patients with non-medical and social care issues
- Staff will have support from patients in identifying and achieving targets and objectives.
- Staff will have a forum to voice concerns, ideas and suggestions to patients.
- Staff will build stronger links with their community.
Join your Patient Participation Group
The Westwood & Pickford Practices would like to invite its patients to join their Patient Participation Group (PPG).
Join us in making sure patients are at the heart of decision making in our practice. Choose the level and degree of involvement that suits you best, whether as a member of the group or just helping out once in a while. It’s all voluntary and each and every contribution is appreciated and valued. These are the dates of our future meetings.